www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Presentation SistersPrint Page Print this page

02-September-2021
02-September-2021

Photographs supplied by Paul Scott

Two stained glass windows commemorate the Presentation Sisters who established convents at Lismore, Ballina, Bellingen, Clovelly, Coraki, Croydon, Dorrigo, Murwillumbah, South Blacktown, Tumbulgum, Tweed Heads, and Urunga.

The Presentation Sisters (also known as the Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary) are women who belong to a family of Roman Catholic religious orders inspired by or based on the group founded in Ireland by Nano Nagle in 1775. In the past, the Sisters dedicated their time to creating schools that would help to educate young people, especially young ladies. Most of these schools are still in operation and can be found all over the world.

Location

Address:8 Leycester Street, St Carthage's Cathedral, Lismore, 2480
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.804184
Long: 153.283829
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event End Date:
Artist:Kevin Little, Arnclifffe Studios (Sydney, NSW )

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 27th August, 2006
Approx. Monument Dedication Date:
Front Inscription

Plaque :

Non Vox Sed Votum

The Presentation Sisters Commemorative Window

Dedicated by the Most Rev. Geoffrey Jarrett, D. D. Bishop of Lismore on Sunday 27th August, 2006

Convents at

Lismore (Motherhouse est. 1886); Ballina; Bellingen; Clovelly; Coraki; Croydon; Dorrigo; Murwillumbah; South Blacktown; Tumbulgum; Tweed Heads; Urunga.

Project of the Friends of the Cathedral

Artist : Mr Kevin Little 
Arnclifffe Studios Sydney NSW

Very Rev. Fr. Dennis Carroll, V.G.
Administrator of Lismore & Terania

 

Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design