www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of the Marist BrothersPrint Page Print this page

02-September-2021
02-September-2021
Photographs supplied by Paul Scott

Two stained glass windows commemorate centenary of the Marist Brothers in the Diocese of Lismore from 1911 to 2011.

The Marist Brothers is an international community of Catholic Religious Institute of Brothers. In 1817, St. Marcellin Champagnat, a French priest founded the Marist Brothers, with the goal of educating young people, especially those most neglected. While most of the Brothers minister in school settings, others work with young people in parishes, religious retreats and spiritual accompaniment, at-risk youth settings, young adult ministry and overseas missions.

Location

Address:8 Leycester Street, St Carthage's Cathedral, Lismore, 2480
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.804184
Long: 153.283829
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1911
Actual Event End Date:
Approx. Event End Date:2011

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:
Left Side Inscription

This window commemorates the centenary of the Marist Brothers in the Diocese of Lismore

1911 - 2011

Right Side Inscription
During this time the Brothers and their lay colleagues have ministered in Lismore, Casino and Grafton
Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design