www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Sisters of the Order of St Elizabeth of HungaryPrint Page Print this page

24-August-2021
24-August-2021
Photographs supplied by Paul Scott

The plaque commemorates the Sisters of the Order of St Elizabeth of Hungary who served in the Bunbury Diocese from 1928 to 1957.

The Sisters of St Elizabeth of Hungary was a British Anglican Order of nuns. They arrived in the Anglican Diocese of Bunbury in 1928 to help British group settlers in that district. Their convent was in Spencer Street. With a donation from a supporter, they built and ran the Mary Clementina Hostel for Girls who went to the Bunbury High School.

.

Location

Address:33 Parkfield Street, The War Memorial Cathedral Church of Saint Boniface, Bunbury, 6230
State:WA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.331442
Long: 115.637921
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1928
Approx. Event End Date:1957

Dedication

Front Inscription

In memory of the Sisters of the Order of St Elizabeth of Hungary. O. S. E. H. who served the Bunbury Diocese so selflessly and lovingly for almost 30 years

1928 - 1957

Thanks be to God for the faith and ministry of : 

Sr. Ann        Sr. Avis                 Sr. Barbara      Sr. Dorothy
Sr. Ellen      Sr. Esther              Sr. Faith          Sr. Frances
Sr. Hilda      Sr. Irene                Sr. Jessica      Sr. Katherine
Sr. Margery  Sr. Marion            Sr. Rachel       Sr. Teresa
Sr. Yvonne   Mother Margaret  Mother Mary

Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design