www.monumentaustralia.org.au

50th Anniversary of Tabor Lutheran ChurchPrint Page Print this page

15-August-2021
15-August-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren / Paul Scott
The plaque commemorates the 50th anniversary of Tabor Lutheran Church from 1850 to 1900.

A number of pioneer families in the district organised the Free Evangelical Lutheran Tabor Congregation on 1 October 1850 under Dr Carl Muecke, Pastor, educator and journalist. The first Church was built in 1849, extended in 1871 and in 1910, and completely renovated in 1970. The church was named Tabor after Mount Tabor, one of the most interesting and remarkable single mountains of Palestine. 

Location

Address:77 Murray Street, Tabor Lutheran Church, Tanunda, 5352
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.525695
Long: 138.959161
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1850
Approx. Event End Date:1900

Dedication

Front Inscription

Tabor Kirche 

Der freien ev. luth. Gemeinde

Gewidmet

Zu ihrem 50 Jährigen Jubilñum

1850 - 1900.

Psalm 84.


 

Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design