www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Augmentation of the BellsPrint Page Print this page

16-November-2014
16-November-2014
Photographs supplied by Paul Scott

The plaque commemorates the installation of four addition bells in the tower of St David`s Cathedral in 2005.

Location

Address:125 Macquarie Street, St David`s Cathedral, Hobart, 7000
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -42.883865
Long: 147.328635
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:2005
Approx. Event End Date:2005

Dedication

Front Inscription

To the greater glory of God

Augmentation of the Bells

This plaque commemorates the installation in 2005 of four additional bells in this tower, augmenting the original ring of  eight bells, cast in 1935, to form a ring of ten plus two semitones.

With grateful thanks to all those who contributed so generously to the success of this project ; in particular :

Jennifer Murphy
Douglas Nichols
Gwilyn Keble-Williams and Jane Keble-Williams
The Hobart City Council (through the Bicentenary Community Grants Programme)
The St David`s Cathedral Society of Bellringers
The State Government (through the Tasmanian Bicentenary Funding Program)
Nichols Poultry Pty Ltd
Michael O`Halloran, Phil O`Halloran & Associates, consulting engineers
The Fred Dukes International Bell Fund
The Australian and New Zealandf Association of Bellringers Inc.
The Friends of St David`s Cathedral
The Vincent Family (in remembrance of Andrew Vincent, a ringer at this church in the 1970s)
David Kirby
Doone, Louise and John Kennedy
Nicholas and Janet Cretan
Richard Rogers
Robert A Dusting

Stuart Blackler, Dean, 1993 - 2005

Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design