www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Formation of Angle Grove Lutheran CongregationPrint Page Print this page

29-July-2021
29-July-2021

Photographs supplied by Maureen Aquila

The plaque commemorates the formation of the Angle Grove Lutheran congregation in 1875 and 1876 and was unveiled at the site of the church which was worshipped in between 1891 and 1909 when a new church was built in the town. 

The first Lutheran members arrived in the district in 1874, and were visited by several ministers belonging to the Lutheran Synod of South Australia. Services were held in the houses of the congregation. In 1891 a church was built, but it had become too small, and it was found necessary to build a larger structure in a more central position in Brinkworth. 

 

 

Location

Address:Angle Grove Road, Angle Grove Lutheran Cemetery, Brinkworth, 5464
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.676728
Long: 138.437749
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1875
Approx. Event End Date:1876

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 10th November, 2002
Front Inscription

Site of Angle Grove Lutheran Church

1891 - 1909

Unveiled by Pastor W. J. Hoopmann 
10 November 2002 

To commemorate the formation of the Lutheran congregation in this District 1875 - 76

Thanks be to God

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design