www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Hawke Memorial ChurchPrint Page Print this page

16-July-2021
16-July-2021

Photographs supplied by Paul Scott

The window commemorates the Hawke Memorial Church in Medindie which existed from April 1882 to March 1961.

The composite window incorporates all the memorials from the Hawke Memorial Church at Medindie, which was named in honour of William Hawke, minister there from 1907- 1916. The window was donated to Brougham Place by the closing Medindie fellowship and unveiled in 1961 by Miss Blanche Newman as President of the Congregational Union of South Australia.

 

Location

Address:193 Brougham Place, Brougham Place Uniting Church, North Adelaide, 5006
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.909463
Long: 138.600447
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:20-April-1882
Actual Event End Date:05-March-1961

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1961
Front Inscription

Across Both Windows :
[ Church members and Pastors names ]

Commemorating the life and witness of Hawke Memorial Church Medindie

Founded 20th April 1882
Final service 5th March 1961

Following that service most of the members were received into the fellowship of this Church

Plaques in this window were transferred from those at Medindie

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design