www.monumentaustralia.org.au

150 Years of Continuous Presbyterian WorshipPrint Page Print this page

15-July-2021
15-July-2021

Photographs supplied by Maureen Aquila

The plaque commemorates 150 years of continuous Presbyterian worship in the Northern District.

Location

Address:106 Goodman Street, Adelaide Presbyterian Church, Elizabeth South, 5112
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.730735
Long: 138.659763
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:February-1854
Approx. Event End Date:February-2004

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:October-2004
Front Inscription

To the glory of God

This plaque commemorates 150 years of continuous Presbyterian worship in the Northern District

John Strachan Moir was appointed by the Free Church of Scotland to Smithfield and conducted the first service of worship in February 1854

This memorial was erected by the Jean Flynn Elizabeth Congregation

October 2004

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design