www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Dedication & Opening of St Patrick`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page

14-July-2021
14-July-2021
Photographs supplied by Maureen Aquila
The plaque commemorates the dedication and opening of St Patrick`s Church in October 1845.

Location

Address:268 Grote Street, St Patrick`s Church, Adelaide, 5000
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.928905
Long: 138.589512
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:05-October-1845

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 5th October, 1986
Front Inscription

To commemorate  the dedication and opening of St Patrick`s Church, the first Catholic Church in the City of Adelaide on 5th October 1845 by His Lordship, Francis Murphy, the Bishop of Adelaide,

This plaque was unveiled on the 5th October 1986 by His Grace, Leonard Faulkner, D.D., S. T. L., the Archbishop of Adelaide.

St Patrick`s Chruch stood here from October 1845 to May 1959

A 150 Jubilee project of the Knights of the Southern Cross

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design