www.monumentaustralia.org.au

150th Anniversary of Laying of Foundation Stone of St Matthew`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page

05-December-2014
05-December-2014
Photographs supplied by Ryan Smith

The plaque commemorates the 150th anniversary of the laying of the foundation Stone of St Matthew`s Church in May 1848.

Note: The church was known as St Matthews, Kensington but is located in the suburb of Marryatville.  

Location

Address:Kensington Road, St Matthew`s Anglican Church, Marryatville, 5068
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.926917
Long: 138.644528
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:22-May-1848
Actual Event End Date:22-May-1998

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 28th March, 1999
Front Inscription

A. M. D. G. 

This plaque was unveiled by His Excellency Sir Eric Neal, AC, CVO Governor of South Australia on March 28th, 1999 

To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone on May 22nd, 1848 and the consecration of the Church by Bishop Augustus Short on March 24th, 1849

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design