www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of St Aloysius ChurchPrint Page Print this page

11-July-2021
11-July-2021
Photographs supplied by Paul Scott

The plaque commemorates the centenary of St Aloysius Church from February 1875 to February 1975.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
(Harp, 12th February.)
OPENING OF ST. ALOYSIUS COLLEGIATE
CHURCH, SEVENHILLS.

This beautiful edifice was opened for Divine worship on Sunday last by his Lordship the Bishop. The day being beautifully fine, a large number of visitors assembled from the surrounding country. The ceremonies commenced at 11 with a procession round the exterior and interior of the church, which having been concluded, Pontifical High Mass was celebrated by his Lordship the Bishop, assisted by Father Kriessel as deacon; sub- deacon, Father Niebauer; master of ceremonies, Father Reschauer. The dedication sermon was preached by the Rev. Father Cahill, S.J., President of St. Patrick's College, Melbourne, from the text : "This is the house of the Lord." The offerings collected on the occasion amounted to £300.
Freeman's Journal (Sydney), 27 February 1875.

Location

Address:111A College Road, St Aloysius Church, Sevenhill , 5453
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.883692
Long: 138.638374
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:07-February-1875
Actual Event End Date:07-February-1975

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 12th October, 1975
Front Inscription

To commemorate the centenary of St Aloysius Church

Blessed and opened by the Most Reverend Christopher Augustine Reynolds Bishop of Adelaide

7th February 1875

This plaque was unveiled by the Most Reverend James W. Gleeson Archbishop of Adelaide

12th October 1975

 

 

 

Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design