www.monumentaustralia.org.au

50th Anniversary of St Thomas Lutheran ChurchPrint Page Print this page

21-February-2021
21-February-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren / Paul Scott
The Altar Sanctuary and Vestry were part of the renovations to commemorate the 50th anniversary of St Thomas Lutheran Church from 1904 to 1954. The foundation stone for the church was laid on the 4th March 1904 and the church was opened for worship in August 1904. 

The congregation of St. Thomas's Lutheran Church, Stockwell, celebrated its fiftieth jubilee and the re-dedication of the renovated church recently. Renovations include a vestry, altar niche, carpets, baptismal font, and leadlight windows, at a total cost of more than £2,000. Pastor H. F. W. Roehrs conducted the morning service. The church was packed to capacity, and the overflow filled the institute. To meet this situation, Pastor Proeve preached in the church, and Pastor H. Stiller, Loxton, in the institute. The pastors then changed over, Pastor Stiller to the church, and Pastor Proeve to the institute. 
News (Adelaide), 25 November 1954.

 

Location

Address:Stockwell & Duck Ponds Roads, St Thomas Lutheran Church, Stockwell, 5355
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.434097
Long: 139.052644
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1904
Approx. Event End Date:1954

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1954
Front Inscription

Altar Sanctuary and Vestry 

50th Anniversary

1954

Source: MA,PS
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design