www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of St Michael`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page

03-January-2021
03-January-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren
The school hall was erected to commemorate the Centenary of St Michael`s Church from 1836 to 1936. The foundation stone for the hall was unveiled on 3rd May 1936 and was officially opened on the 16th August 1936.

On Saturday and Monday, members of the St. Michael's Lutheran Church at Hahndorf met to prepare the grounds ot the new Centenary school hall, for the opening ceremony on August 16. The opening will be performed by the president of the South Australian District (the Rev. Hoopmann). About thirty volunteers were present and about half a dozen motor lorries carted gravel. A piping fence was erected and flower gardens prepared. The first shrubs were planted by Mrs. C. G. Zadow. The Saturday school will be opened on August 22. Quite a number of people have intimated their intention of sending their children. 
Mount Barker Courier and Onkaparinga and Gumeracha Advertiser (SA),
13 August 1936.

Location

Address:Balhannah Road & Church Street, St Michael`s Lutheran Church , Hahndorf, 5245
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.027894
Long: 138.811971
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1836
Approx. Event End Date:1936

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 3rd May, 1936
Front Inscription

St Michael`s Centenary

School - Hall

Hahndorf

3. 5. 1936. 

Eph. 2. 19 - 22.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design