www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Laying of St Ann's Church Foundation StonePrint Page Print this page

05-December-2020
05-December-2020

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the laying of the foundation stone of St Ann`s Church in October 1865.
 

Location

Address:Main South Road & Plains Road, St Ann`s Anglican Church, Aldinga, 5173
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.270264
Long: 138.483519
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:02-October-1865
Actual Event End Date:02-October-1865

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 4th October, 2015
Front Inscription

The foundation stone of this church was laid on 2 October 1865 by Mrs Millicent Short wife of Augustus Short Bishop of Adelaide

In commemoration this plaque was unveiled by Mrs Bridget Ford wife of John Ford, Bishop of the Murray

4 October 2015

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design