www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of St Benedict's ChurchPrint Page Print this page

28-November-2020
28-November-2020

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the centenary of St Benedict's Church from 1886 to 1986. It also recognises the contribution of the Trehearne family to the church between 1886 and 1953.

The original St Benedict's Church ceased to be a place of worship in August 1997.

 

Location

Address:First & Fourth Streets, Original St Benedict`s Church, Minlaton, 5575
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.770468
Long: 137.593913
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:22-August-1886
Actual Event End Date:22-August-1986

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 9th March, 1986
Front Inscription

Saint Benedict`s Church

Dedicated by Bishop G. W. Kennion

22. 8. 1886

Centenary plaque unveiled 9. 3. 1986 by Bishop Bruce Rosier

To the glory of God and in grateful recognition of the service to this Church by the Trehearne family
1886 - 1953

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design