www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers of the ChurchPrint Page Print this page

23-November-2020
23-November-2020

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The bell commemorates the pioneers of the Minlaton Uniting Church from 1878 to 1978. The church held centenary celebrations on May 12th to the 14th 1978. 

The former Church (now demolished ) was opened on the 24th February 1878 as the Wesleyan church and was known the Minlaton Methodist Church after a merger in 1900. The church became the Uniting Church in 1977 and was replaced by a new church in 1987. 

 

Location

Address:Main Street, Minlaton Uniting Church, Minlaton, 5575
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.772076
Long: 137.595418
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Technology
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1878
Approx. Event End Date:1978

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1978
Front Inscription

To the glory of God

In memory of the pioneers of this church

1878 - 1978

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design