www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Lutheran MissionariesPrint Page Print this page

02-March-2021
02-March-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Langman

The monument commemorates the missionaries of the Bethesda Lutheran Mission who worked among the Dieri people at Kopperamanna and Killalpaninna from 1867 to 1917.

On 9th October 1866 a small party set out from Tanunda (South Australia) to establish a Lutheran mission station in the salt-lake areas of the north-east of South Australia. It consisted of two missionaries Johann Friedrich Gößling and Ernst Homann, and two lay brethren, Hermann Vogelsang and Ernst Jakob.

Location

Address:Bethesda Mission Trak, Lake Killalpaninna, 5733
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.59428
Long: 138.555298
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1867
Approx. Event End Date:1917
Link:https://www.germanaustralia.com/e/k…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 22nd September, 1985
Front Inscription

Bethesda Lutheran Mission

Erected on the original church site to commemorate the work of the Lutheran Missionaries among the Dieri People at 
Kopperamanna and Killalpaninna 1867 - 1917; by members of the Lutheran Church and unveiled at a service on 22 September 1985

Revelations 22 : 13.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design