www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Establishment of First Consecrated Christian ChurchPrint Page Print this page

27-June-2020
27-June-2020

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The plaque commemorates the establishment of the first consecrated Christian Church in Springsure in 1866 by Scottish and Irish settlers.

 

Location

Address:57 Church Street, Springsure Presbyterian Church, Springsure, 4722
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -24.116624
Long: 148.090781
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1866
Approx. Event End Date:1866

Dedication

Front Inscription

Springsure Presbyterian Church

To the glory of God

This stone commemorates the establishment of the first consecrated Christian Church in Springsure in 1866 by Scottish and Irish settlers under the Ministry of Reverend John McAra (1866 - 1871).

"For Lord is good ; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generation."  Psalm 100 : 5 NKJV.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design