www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Christ Church BelfryPrint Page Print this page

29-August-2020
29-August-2020

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The belfry was erected as a thank offering for the work and influence of the church from 1849 to 1939.

Presented by Mrs. Hilda Britten Jones, the new bell and belfry at Christ Church were dedicated on Mothering Sunday by the Dean of Adelaide (the Very Rev. G. H. Jose).
News (Adelaide), 5 April 1939.

Location

Address:35 Palmer Place, Christ Church, North Adelaide, 5006
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.910433
Long: 138.592896
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Technology
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1849
Approx. Event End Date:1939

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 19th March, 1939
Front Inscription

To The Greater Glory Of God
    Hilda Britten Jones
Presented This Bell And Belfry
As A Thank-Offering
For The Work And Influence
   Of This Church
       1849 - 1939

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design