www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Church PioneersPrint Page Print this page

11-February-2020
11-February-2020
Photographs supplied by John Huth

The plaque commemorates the pioneers of the District who built a place of worship in Narrabri in 1876. 

Location

Address:Balonne & Dewhurst Streets, Peace Memorial Church (Narrabri Uniting Church), Narrabri, 2390
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.325813
Long: 149.786832
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 25th August, 1973
Front Inscription

This Plaque Was Unveiled By
MISS ALMA CURRY
     On
25th AUGUST 1973
In Memory Of The Pioneers Of The District
Who Were Inspired To Provide A Place Of
Worship In Narrabri As Early As 1876
The Following Inscription Appeared On The Cornerstone
Of The Previous Church Which Stood On This Site Until
Destroyed By Fire On 17th July 1972
"Foundation Stone Laid By His Worship
   The Mayor
  J. J. PIPER ESQ
11th June 1896" 
James Hicks             Architect
Rev. James Watson  Minister




 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design