www.monumentaustralia.org.au

50 Years of WorshipPrint Page Print this page

26-September-2019
26-September-2019

Photographs supplied by Heather Stevens

The plaque commemorates 50 years of worship at the Wentworthville Presbyterian Church.

St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was originally located in Parramatta, but by the 1920s it was too small to accommodate Parramatta’s growing congregation.  In 1925, after the new church was built, demolition work began on the old church.

It was believed that the old church would be completed demolished, until Presbyterians in Wentworthville, in need of a Church, put forward the idea of reassembling the old Parramatta church in Wentworthville. Demolition began in 1925 and on Saturday 24 November 1928 the reassembled church was opened and dedicated.

 

Location

Address:7 McKern Street, Wentworthville Presbyterian Church, Wentworthville, 2145
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.809558
Long: 150.970583
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:24-November-1928
Actual Event End Date:24-November-1978

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 26th November, 1978
Front Inscription

        This Tablet Was Unveiled By
His Excellency The Governor Of N.S.W.,
SIR RODEN CUTLER, V.C., K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., C.B.E.,
        And Dedicated To The Glory Of God
By The Moderator Of The Presbyterian Church In N.S.W.
THE RIGHT REVEREND PETER E. BOASE,
   Commemorating Fifty Years Of Worship
       In This Church At Wentworthville.
                   26 - 11 - 1978

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design