Pioneer Pastors & Parishioners of St Peter`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Huth

The plaque commemorates the pioneer Pastors and parishioners of St Peter`s Church and was unveiled during the centenary of the church in 1994. 

St Peter's was built on the site of the OLd Jockey Club Inn, in 1894 by James Madden, to a design by Ipswich architect Henry Wyman. It was officially opened and blessed on 4th November 1894 by Archbishop Dunne, who had officiated at the request of Father Andrew Horan of Ipswich.

Note : The church is now closed.


Address:7 George Street, St Peter`s Catholic Church, Grandchester, 4340
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.660774
Long: 152.465413
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Actual Event Start Date:04-November-1894
Actual Event End Date:04-November-1994


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1994
Front Inscription

Donated by the Frank Doonan family of Grandchester

In memory of pioneer pastors and parishioners on the occasion of the Centenary of St. Peter`s Church

1894 - 1994

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design