www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Re-dedication of Bluestone HallPrint Page Print this page

03-May-2017
03-May-2017

Photographs supplied by John Huth
The plaque commemorates the re-dedication of Bluestone Hall in 1997. 

In August 1856 a committee was appointed to construct a place of worship. In July 1857 the foundation stone for a church was laid by William Dale. The Bluestone Hall was opened in January 1858 and is now known as the Bluestone Hall. The Bluestone Hall served for a time as Holy Trinity Grammar School.

One of the people baptised during the period was well known Australian poet,  Andrew Barton (Banjo) Paterson. The Bluestone Hall was sold in 2017.

 

Location

Address:257 Anson Street, next to Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Orange, 2800
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.280278
Long: 149.099228
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 19th April, 1997
Front Inscription

Plaque:
Diocese of Bathurst
BLUESTONE HALL ORNAGE
(Built 1857)
A. M. D. G.
This Plaque Was Unveiled By
The Right Reverend Bruce Wilson 
BISHOP OF BATHURST
19th April 1997
To Commemorate
The Re-Dedication Of
The Bluestone Hall
Following Restoration Of The Building

Chairman of Committee  Robert Westcott
Rector of Holy Trinity       Canon Brian Goff

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design