www.monumentaustralia.org.au

125th Anniversary of the Parish of QueanbeyanPrint Page Print this page

27-February-2017
27-February-2017
Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The plaque commemorates the 125th Anniversary of the Parish of Queanbeyan.

The parish was formed in 1838 and the Reverend Edward Smith was the first clergyman appointed to the district.

 

Location

Address:39 Rutledge Street (Cnr Church Lane), Christ Church Anglican, Queanbeyan, 2620
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.354918
Long: 149.237382
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1838
Approx. Event End Date:1963

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 20th October, 1963
Front Inscription

              To The Glory Of God
This Plate Was Unveiled By The Governor General Of Australia, His Excellency The Right Honourable Viscount De Lisle V.C., P.C., G.C.M.G., G.C.V.O., K. St. J., On October 20th 1963
To Commemorate The 125th Anniversary Of The Parish Of Queanbeyan
This Organ Is Dedicated In Memory Of Those Who Gave Their Lives In Two World Wars [ Whose Names Are Recorded In The Porch ] And Of The Following Who Resided At Some Time In This Parish

                      [ Names ]

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design