Official Opening of Scots PGC College ChapelPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Huth
The plaque commemorates the official opening of the Scots PGC College Chapel in 1997. The chapel, which was reconstructed and presented to the College, was formerly the Warwick Wesleyan Church. 


Address:60 Oxenham Street, Scots PGC College, Warwick, 4370
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.211445
Long: 152.045708
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Actual Event Start Date:
Actual Event End Date:


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 19th April, 1997
Front Inscription

To the glory of God

And to commemorate the opening of the Scots PGC College Chapel (originally the Warwick Wesleyan Church constructed in 1875.) after  reconstruction by McConaghy Holdings Pty Ltd of Brisbane.

The Chapel was formally presented to the College by Mr R J McConaghy and officially opened by the Hon. Bruce C Scott, MP, Minister for  Veterans` Affairs,

In the presence of the Rev. David A A Pitman Moderator of the Uniting Church of Australia (Queensland Synod). on  April 19th 1997.

"Always aiming higher"

A. J. Muir         N. J. G. Fairburn
Chairman        Principal

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au