www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Mark's Golden JubileePrint Page Print this page

20-February-2016
20-February-2016

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The plaque and fence were erected to commemorate the golden jubilee of the church in 1935. 

Work on the construction of the jubilee fence at St. Mark's Church of England, Islington, began on Thursday. The fence, which is a gift of the parishioners in connection with the golden jubilee celebrations, is to be of brick, 100 feet long, with 11 pillars about 5ft. high. It will cover the front portion of the church, and will meet a wooden fence on the southern side.

A memorlal gate will be erected at the western entrance of the church and over the gate two memorial lights will be placed. Mr. Hoskings of Tighe`s Hill, is the contractor. The fence will be dedicated by the Bishop of Newcastle (Rt. Rev. F. de Witt Batty) on May 19. 
Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (NSW),
4 May 1935.

Location

Address:7 Norfolk Street, St Mark`s Anglican Church, Islington, 2296
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.916056
Long: 151.751604
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1885
Approx. Event End Date:1935
Monument Manufacturer:Mr Hoskings (contractor)

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 19th May, 1935
Front Inscription

(Plaque)

THIS FENCE WAS ERECTED TO COMMEMORATE 
THE GOLDEN JUBILEE OF THE CHURCH 
IN THE PARISH OF ISLINGTON 
AT ST. MARK`S FESTIVAL,1935.
AND WAS DEDICATED BY THE
  
LORD BISHOP OF NEWCASTLE 
(RIGHT REV. FRANCIS DE WITT BATTY.) 
ON SUNDAY MAY 19th.1935.
REVEREND CHARLES E. THOMAS. RECTOR. 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design