www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers of St Philip`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page

29-December-2015
29-December-2015

Photographs supplied by Russell Byers
The hall commemorates the pioneers of St Philip`s Church. The hall was opened during the church`s 50th anniversary year. 

The site for the church was donated by early settler Mary McMullin, with the initial slab and shingle-roofed church erected in 1873.  The current structure, costing 880 pounds sterling and built of 75,000 hand-made bricks baked in a kiln at nearby Stoney Creek on Mrs McMullin's property, was opened on November 7, 1908, by the Reverend Philip Norman. St Philips was a Presbyterian church until 1977 when Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists merged to form the Uniting Church of Australia.

Location

Address:Rouchel Road, St Philips Church, Rouchel, 2336
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.135343
Long: 151.076143
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 18th October, 1958
Front Inscription

This Pioneer Memorial Hall was officially opened by Sir Alistair McMullen, K. C. M. G. on October 18th, 1958

And dedicated to the glory of God by the Moderator of the Scone Presbytery

Plaque presented by Rev. J. P. & Mrs Mortimore.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design