www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Sisters of St JosephPrint Page Print this page

30-November-2015
30-November-2015

Photographs supplied by Russell Byers / John Huth

The memorial commemorates the ninety-nine years of service by the Sisters of St Joseph to Uralla from 1886 to 1984.

On May 19, 1886, St Joseph’s School, Uralla, opened its doors to students. There were seventy pupils. The school was initially run by four Sisters of St Joseph. The school, Convent and Church were built on land once farmed by Mr W. Ryan. The school building was built behind the Convent with timber from the old church in Queen Street.

Location

Address:Bridge Street (New England Highway) & Wood Street, St Joseph`s School , Uralla, 2358
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.639125
Long: 151.504585
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1886
Approx. Event End Date:1984

Dedication

Front Inscription

"No Speech, No Word, No Voice Is Heard,
Yet Their Span Extends Through All The Earth,
Their Words To The Utmost Bounds Of The World"

Erected By The Parishioners Of Uralla
In Grateful Remembrance Of The Ninety-Nine
Years Of Service Given To Uralla
By The Sisters Of St Joseph
          1886 - 1984

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design