www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers of Arwakurra SchoolPrint Page Print this page

06-May-2021
06-May-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren
The cairn commemorates the pioneers of Arwakurra School.  

The school was opened in 1880 as White Cliffs school, and the name changed in 1906 to Arwakurra. The school closed 1951.

 

Location

Address:Tarcowie & Orroroo Murray Town Roads, Arwakurra, 5480
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.879123
Long: 138.406206
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Education
Approx. Event Start Date:1880

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1962
Front Inscription

A tibute to our pioneers of Arwakurra School

Formerly White Cliffs

Built by the residents in 1880.

Earth`s self upholds this monument to conquerors who won her when wooing was dangerous, and now are gathered unto her again.

Unveiled 1962

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design