www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Opening of First Convent SchoolPrint Page Print this page

01-August-2016
01-August-2016

Photographs supplied by Erich Nussbaumer

The monument commemorates the opening of the first Convent School in February 1915.  

Location

Address:Lovers Lane, Mullewa Caravan Park, Mullewa, 6630
State:WA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.537783
Long: 115.504078
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Education
Approx. Event Start Date:February-1915

Dedication

Front Inscription
"This plaque commemorates the foundation and opening of the first Convent School on this site in February 1915 with an initial enrolment of 50 pupils, and the Presentation Sisters teaching staff of Brigid Kenny, Leila Russell and Baptist Grogan"  
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design