www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Brayton Cemetery BurialsPrint Page Print this page

The plaque commemorates the 76 persons buried in the cemetery.

Local stone was sourced for the memorial and placed alongside the area of the Brayton Church which was destroyed in the 1965 bushfires, along with many of the grave markings. Brayton resident Marie Pender pioneered the project and undertook much of the historical research into those buried at the cemetery.  The project was funded by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust through a grant of $1940 and managed in conjunction with the Lions Club of Marulan. The plaque will be of interest to locals, historians and families of those buried.

Location

Address:Bulls Pit Road, Brayton Cemetery, Brayton, 2579
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.646867
Long: 149.959536
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2009
Front Inscription
               BRAYTON CEMETERY 
                          — 1913 —
Established as LONGREACH CEMETERY 1879-1913
This plaque was erected in 2009 in memory of those
                     buried in this cemetery
                                  [Names] 
And also those unidentified in many gravesites unknown
This memorial plaque is generously funded by the 
               VEOLIA MULWAREE TRUST

 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design