www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of the Parramatta National Park TrustPrint Page Print this page

30-August-2014 (Sandra Brown)
30-August-2014 (Sandra Brown)

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown / Heather Stevens

The plaque commemorates the centenary of the Parramatta National Park Trust from 1858 to 1958.

The boundaries of Parramatta Park were surveyed and on 6 August 1858 a proclamation appeared in the Government Gazette appointing five people as trustees representing government, business and  community interests of the people of Parramatta.  

They were: James Byrnes, MP; William Goodin;  George Oakes, MP; Nathanniel Payten, Sen.; and John Purchase.

Location

Address:O`Connell Street (near George Street), Parramatta Park, Parramatta, 2150
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.812769
Long: 150.99994
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1958
Front Inscription

This Tablet Was Erected
To Mark The Centenary Of
THE PARRAMATTA
NATIONAL PARK TRUST
First Trustees Appointed 1858.

Present Trustees 1958
R. E. Coleman (Chairman),
W. G. Gates, S. T. Moxham, R. G. Hay,
J. O. Rowe,   H. O. Webb,    J. N. L. Argent,
J. P. Dalton and A. M. Goldsmith.

 

Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design