25th Anniversary of Hospital Women's AuxiliaryPrint Page Print this page

The plaque marks the 25th anniversary of the Women's Auxiliary of Mosman and District Community Hospital which was formerly All Saints Church of England Hospital. It is now known as Mosman Private Hospital. 

Mosman Private Hospital was originally built as a three-storey stone mansion for Captain Edmund Mawney Sayers in 1870, named ‘Ellamatta’.  In 1948, the mansion became All Saints Church of England Hospital, with operating theatres established in 1960. In 1969, the hospital came under the direction of the Mosman and District Community Health Service. Mosman Private Hospital was acquired by Healthscope in 2003 and the Mood & Anxiety Disorders Unit was established in 2005.


Address:1 Ellamatta Avenue, Mosman Private Hospital, Mosman, 2088
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.835278
Long: 151.247222
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design