www.monumentaustralia.org.au

40 Years of Country Women`s AssociationPrint Page Print this page

02-July-2021
02-July-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The trees commemorate 40 years of the Country Women`s Association in South Australia from 1929 to 1969.

The South Australian Country Women's Association is a non-sectarian, non-party-political, non-profit lobby group and service association working in the interests of women and children in rural and urban areas. Although ostensibly non-party-political, in practice the group has tended to bolster conservative politics.

The State association was formed in 1929. The first branch of the Association in South Australia was actually formed in 1926 at Burra by Mary Warnes. By 1988, nearly every small settlement in South Australia had a CWA branch and the Association comprised 270 branches with 7,500 members (at its peak in 1956 the Association boasted 277 branches and 14,000 members).


.

Location

Address:Commercial Street, Robertstown, 5381
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.989421
Long: 139.083161
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Trees
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Actual Event Start Date:
Approx. Event Start Date:1929
Actual Event End Date:
Approx. Event End Date:1969

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1969
Front Inscription

Plaque :

Trees planted 1969 

To commemorate 40 years of C.W.A. in S. A.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design