www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Alford HallPrint Page Print this page

08-March-2021
08-March-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the centenary of Alford Hall which was opened in 1909. 

Location

Address:High Street, Alford Hall, Alford, 5555
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.815806
Long: 137.821738
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Actual Event Start Date:11-August-1909
Actual Event End Date:11-August-2009

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 8th August, 2009
Left Side Inscription

To commemortate the Centenary of Alford Hall

8 - 8 - 2009

This stone was laid by His Excellency the Governor Sir George LeHunte K. C. M. G.

August 11th 1908.

Right Side Inscription

This Institute was opened by the founder and President

R. Chappell Esq.

August 11. 1909.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design