www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Donation of LandPrint Page Print this page

13-August-2020
13-August-2020

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The plaque commemorates the donation of land in 1928 and 1930 by John Ross, Colonel Claud Francis and St Paul Ross to Burrum Shire Council for the people of Burrum Heads.



 

Location

Address:The Esplanade, , Burrum Heads, 4659
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -25.183341
Long: 152.61191
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Actual Event Start Date:26-June-1928
Actual Event End Date:03-March-1930

Dedication

Front Inscription

Burrum Heads Progress Associaiotn Inc.

This plaque is erected in appreciation of the donations of land on which this Caravan Park in now situated.

It was gifted to the Burrum Shire Council for the people of Burrum Heads by John Ross on 26th June, 1928 

Lot 1 - 1 acre

And by John Ross and Col. Claud Francis  St Paul Ross M.C. on 3rd March , 1930

Lot 2 - 1 acre 3 roods 12.9 perches

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design