www.monumentaustralia.org.au

100 Years of RotaryPrint Page Print this page

06-October-2015
06-October-2015

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The wall and garden commemorate 100 years of the Rotary Organisation. The wall features the plaque which commemorated the opening of the Cowpastures Reserve in 1995. 

Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.

The first Rotary Club was formed when attorney Paul P. Harris called together a meeting of three business acquaintances in downtown Chicago, at Harris' friend Gustave E. Loehr's office in the Unity Building on Dearborn Street on February 23, 1905.

Location

Address:Camden Valley Way, Rotary Cowpastures Reserve, Camden, 2570
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.053751
Long: 150.701171
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Actual Event Start Date:23-February-1905
Actual Event End Date:23-February- 2005

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2005
Front Inscription

   ROTARY COWPASTURE RESERVE
                Rotary
              International

Plaque:
Opened 19.2.95
By Rear Admiral 
Peter Sinclair
Governor 
Of NSW

Left Side Inscription

     ROTARY
SERVING CAMDEN 
  SINCE 1947

Right Side Inscription
    CELEBRATING
     100 YEARS
      OF ROTARY  
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design