www.monumentaustralia.org.au

119 Australian General HospitalPrint Page Print this page

05-July-2014
05-July-2014

Photographs supplied by Chris McLaughlin

The plaque commemorates those who served with 119 Australian General Hospital (AGH) during World War Two.

119 AGH took over the Bagot Compound at Christmas, 1940. In December 1941, half the nursing staff and patients were transferred to the Hospital at Berrimah which was still under construction. A few days after the Japanese air raid on the 19 February 1942, the Army took over Darwin Hospital and closed Bagot. The remainder of 119 AGH went to Adelaide River. 107 AGH took over from 119 AGH in May 1943.

Location

Address:Esplanade, Bicentennial Park, adjacent to Cenotaph, Darwin, 0800
State:NT
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -12.466796
Long: 130.839966
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Actual Event Start Date:22-April-1941
Actual Event End Date:14-May-1943

Dedication

Front Inscription

In Honoured Memory Of

119 AUSTRALIAN GENERAL HOSPITAL

Bagot  Berrimah  Adelaide River

22nd April 1941 To 14th May 1943

Source: MA,SKP
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design