www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Australia Remembers 1945-1995Print Page Print this page

22-July-2015
22-July-2015

Photographs supplied by Ian Bevege

The restored Bay Rock Lighthouse which was originally located on Magnetic Island commemorates the 50th anniversary of the end of World War Two. The Lighthouse played a large part in the war effort. 

"Australia Remembers, 1945 - 1995" was a program of activities organised by the Federal Government to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the end of World War Two. 

Location

Address:42 - 68 Palmer Street, Maritime Museum of Townsville, South Townsville, 4810
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -19.259244
Long: 146.823733
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Actual Event Start Date:15-August-1945
Actual Event End Date:15-August-1995

Dedication

Front Inscription

        Australia Remembers
              1945 - 1995

     50th. ANNIVERSARY
OF THE END OF WORLD WAR 11

    The Bay Rock Lighthouse
The Bay Rock Lighthouse, built in 1886, was originally situated 
on the western side of Magnetic Island, and, by safely guiding 
small ships, played a large part in the war effort. It has been 
restored by Queensland Transport as part of their commitment 
to the "Australia Remembers" celebrations.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design