Dromana Memorial Hall BuildingPrint Page Print this page

02-October-2011 (Graeme Saunders)
02-October-2011 (Graeme Saunders)

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders / Sandra Brown

The building was erected in memory of those who served in World War One. It was opened by Brigadier General Brand on the 27th November 1920. 

The building was constructed and used by the RSL as Memorial Club Rooms. It contained a billiard room and meeting room with an open fireplace in each room. The rooms were accessed by a hall between the two. In the mid 1940s the RSL removed the passage and opened the building up to function as a hall. In 1963 the RSL moved to new accommodation. 

The hall was renamed "Staniforth Hall" in 1998. 


Address:Point Nepean Road, Dromana, 3696
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.332908
Long: 144.964014
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 27th November, 1920
Front Inscription

Erected To The Memory
Of Those Who Fought And Fell
For Honour, Freedom And Justice
In The Great War 1914 - 1918

Built By Public Subscription And Opened 27th November, 1920
Club Rooms Of Dromana RSSAILA 1920 - 1963

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au