Returned Soldiers Memorial Baths - ANZAC PoolPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Fred Brunings / Bill Bale

The swimming pool commemorates those who served in World War One.   It is now known as ANZAC Pool.

The foundation stone for the Memorial Baths and Club Rooms was laid by Miss Elsie Campbell on the 25th August 1923 who received an inscribed miniature gold trowel as a memento of the occasion. The baths which were built at a cost of £2000 were officially opened by the Mayor of Bundaberg on the 17th November 1923.
The Brisbane Courier (Qld) 27th August 1923, 19th November 1923.

Note : As of Septermber 2022, the pool is to be demolished as part of the redevelopment of the ANZAC Park site. 


Address:Quay Street, Bundaberg, 4670
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -24.864517
Long: 152.349115
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 25th August, 1923
Source: MA,SKP
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design