St James` Church Roll of HonourPrint Page Print this page

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The wooden honour roll commemorates those connected with the church who served in World War One.

The unveiling of St. James's Church honour roll was performed by Bishop Hay, assisted by the Rev. V.C. Earle. There was a large attendance of people of all denominations. The Bishop delivered an eloquent address when removing the flag from the honor roll, and suitable hymns were nicely rendered by the choir. The service was very impressive.
The Mercury (Hobart), 21st February 1922.

Note: This church was on a list of Anglican Church properties for sale in 2018. 

Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this honour roll.


Address:7 Richmond Street, St James` Anglican Church, Colebrook, 7027
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -42.536332
Long: 147.365765
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 19th February, 1922
Front Inscription

St James` Church

Roll of Honour

[ Names ]

1914  The Great War 1919


Source: MA,SKP,TWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au