Blackwood Creek Baptist Church Honour RollPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The honour roll commemorates parishioners who served in World War One.  It lists 18 names.

The church closed in 1991 and a community church was opened in 2000.

A special service was held in the Baptist Church on Sunday, December 16, the occasion being the unveiling of a pulpit to the memory of Blackwood Creek boys who have fallen in battle, also the unveiling of the roll of honour. The pulpit and rail are designed in Tasmanian hardwood, and the roll of honour, which contains 18 names, is beautifully designed in blackwood, the work of Messrs. J. and T. Gunn.  Of the 18 names enrolled, four have made the supreme sacrifice, and four have been wounded, two of whom have been discharged. A large congregation attended the service.
Examiner (Launceston) 24th December 1917.

Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this honour roll.


Address:Top Road, Blackwood Creek Community Church, Blackwood Creek, 7301
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.749093
Long: 146.900889
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919
Monument Manufacturer:J. & T. Gunn


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 16th December, 1917
Front Inscription

Blackwood Creek Baptist Church

Honour Roll

[ Names ]

For King & Empire



Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au