Dalrymple Soldiers Memorial Honour RollPrint Page Print this page

The marble honour roll commemorates those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.  It was unveiled at the opening of the hall in 1922. 

The front of the structure is built with red flux stone, rest of the building with white limestone, cement dressed. The words "Dalrymple Soldiers' Memorial," in 16-inch cement letters, have been placed across the front of the building. The additional rooms composing the Memorial have been erected in front and joined up to the Institute building. The additions include two rooms 20 x 16 and a vestibule 20 x 10. One room will be used as a library and the other for lodge and other meetings, also as ladies' and gentlemen's cloak rooms.

In the vestibule, on one wall,a specially designed honor roll contains the names of those who made the supreme sacrifice. On the opposite wall the photos of the above, in cabinet size, are arranged in one large frame with name underneath each photo. The Memorial will be handed over to the Institute trustees free from debt. It is furnished and fitted 'with acetylene gas throughout. The contract for mason work and carpentry was let to Mr. C. Dry in November, 1921, for £608. The foundation stone was laid by H. C. Pitt, Esq., on January 26, 1922. The building was declared open by Colonel C. P. Butler, D.S.O., on July 8, 1922. 
Excerpt Pioneer (Yorketown, SA ), 5 August 1922.


Address:Weaver Street, Memorial Institute, Stansbury, 5582
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.909379
Long: 137.79708
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 8th July, 1922
Source: RVWM, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au