St Saviour`s Memorial WindowPrint Page Print this page

The stained glass window commemorates those from the parish who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.

A crowded congregation attended at St.Saviour's Church, Glen Osmond, on Sunday afternoon, when three memorial windows were unveiled and dedicated in honour of the active service volunteers from the parish during the war. One of the three windows (that on the northern side of the edifice) represents a Christian knight in armour, anxious to leave for battle, but restrained by an angel until he is girded with the Sword of the Spirit.

The inscription on it reads, ' 'To the glory of God and the memory of , and there follows the names of seven soldiers who were killed in the fighting, and two of whom were grandsons of a former rector of the parish (the late Rev. W. H. Mudie). The other two windows, located in the porch, bear the name of 37 volunteers, and the inscription:— The Great War, 1914-1919. They fought the good fight.' The work, which was designed and executed by Clarkson's, Limited, reflects great credit on the artist (Mr. Williams).
The Register (Adelaide), 9 August 1920.


Address:Portrush Road & Pridmore Road, St Saviour`s Church, Glen Osmond, 5064
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.962958
Long: 138.644528
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919
Artist:Mr Williams
Monument Manufacturer:Clarkson`s Limited


Front Inscription

To the glory of God and in memory of

P. Baulderstone.       -  M. M. Cudmore. M.C.
F. H. G. N. Heritage. - W. Hoskins.
W. G. Mudie.             - A. W. Mudie. M. M.
J. W. Trowbridge.


Source: RVWM, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au