St Mark`s ANZAC MemorialPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Huth

The original St Mark's ANZAC Memorial Anglican Church building was a wooden structure which was dedicated on the 25th April 1915, the day the ANZACs landed at Gallipoli. An honour roll in the church lists the names of those from the parish who lost their lives in World War One. 

It was replaced by the current building when its roof was blown off in the spring of 1963. The foundation stone of the new church was laid on the 25th April 1965, the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the the old church and in keeping with the ANZAC connection. 


Address:30 Beaury Street, St Mark`s ANZAC Memorial Church, Urbenville, 2475
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.472379
Long: 152.543941
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 25th April, 1965
Front Inscription

A. M. D. G.

St Mark`s ANZAC Memorial

This stone was set by the Bishop of Grafton on 25th April 1965.
(50th anniversary of the original St Mark`s) 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au