Scott Creek Soldiers Memorial Hall Print Page Print this page

Photographs supplied by Peter Holderness (Mount Lofty Historical Society)

The Scott Creek Soldiers` Memorial Hall commemorates those from the District who served in World War One.

Shortly after World War One ended, the local residents felt that the patriotism and valour of the Australian Imperial Force would best be commemorated with the building of a memorial hall. A piece of land was given by Captain John Hill for the erection of the hall. It was opened in in 1921 by Herbert Hudd MP. an officer of the 43rd Battalion AIF who had been awarded the Military Cross. A 'Back to Scott `s Creek' event was held on the oval in 1929 to repay the loan to build the hall and discharge the mortgage. 

Over the years additions were added to the hall and in 1990 the size of the hall was almost doubled by the addition of a timber-framed, galvanised iron-clad extension with a concrete floor. A stained glass window was added to the hall in 2015. 



Address:517 Scott Creek Road, Scott Creek , 5153
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.056442
Long: 138.706878
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1921
Front Inscription

Scott Creek

Soldiers Memorial Hall    


Source: MA, RVWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au