Co-operative Milk Factory Meeting-50th Anniversary Print Page
Plaque commemorates the 50th anniversary of the meeting to establish a co-operative milk factory by farmers and soldier settlers in 1949.
|Address:||Katunga-Picola Road & Bristol Street, Katunga, 3640|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.999261|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||18-May-1949|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||1998|
On 18th May 1949 in a hall on this site, the soldier Settlers and farmers of this area resolved to establish a Co-Operative milk factory in the Murray Valley Irrigation Area.
The Cobram factory, which opened on 21st May 1951, was the first factory of what subsequently became the Murray Goulburn Co-Operative Company Limited.
The meeting appointed the following committee to apply for a factory licence.
J. Gemmell Chairman J. Browning Secretary R. Hosie, H. Garner, M. Buzza, C. Woods, H. Wilkinson.
This plaque was erected to commemorate the 50th anniversary of that event