Pipe Makers Park ComplexPrint Page
The complex is a memorial to one of Australia`s pioneer industrial enterprises - meat-canning - which was an example of advanced technology in 1868.
Its establishment at Maribyrnong was followed by the formation of other meat preserving companies at Footscray, Colac, Warrnambool, Echuca and Ballarat.
Commissioned by Melbourne’s Living Museum of the West as a monument to previous activities on the site, Pipemakers Park, which is now home to the museum and a public park and the industrial history of the Maribyrnong Valley.
The sculpture was designed by artist and museum associate Kerrie Poliness and built in 1999 funded by Arts Victoria`s program of the `Victoria Commissions`
|Address:||Van Ness Avenue, Maidstone, 3012|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.78|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Kerrie Poliness (sculptor)|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1999|