Kenneth BurnPrint Page
The entrance gates to the cricket oval commemorate Kenneth Burn, who was a cricketer who played in two Tests during the Ausralian tour to England in 1890.
He was unsuccessful at test level, but is best known for being one of the most prolific batsmen in Tasmania at club level in the nineteenth century.
He played first for his hometown side, Richmond Crickey Club, and then with Wellington Cricket Club. He hit 41 centuries in all grades of cricket, two of them over 350 runs, and six of them in consecutive innings in the 1895-96 season. Without peer, he was undoubtedly Tasmania's best batsman of the 1890s at club and first-class level.
|Address:||Queens Domain, Upper Domain Road, Tasmanian Cricket Association Oval, Hobart, 7000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.87183|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
K. E. Burns Memorial Gates
K E Burn Memorial